living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Aletheia

Last week, we had a group from our home church, Aletheia, here. It was a great time being with friends & showing them our ministry. I spent as much time with them as possible (so did Kurt)! There were lots of laughs & good memories made :)  So many funny, crazy things happened... I have over a dozen stories I could tell. Caroline, unfortunately, got peed on by a little baby, Isabel. Cody gave a piggy back ride to several "not so clothed" little kids. Seth was called "Toro" by the kids in Pinones (which means bull). It turned out to be a fantastic week!! It reminded me that I miss our church family in Ohio, but I am also SO happy to be here in the DR. My heart is connected to the lives of these kids, & what the ministry is doing to disciple them & impact their future. Thanks Aletheia for coming to the Dominican Republic & taking home a perspective of Freedom that not many people have! 


No comments:

Post a Comment