living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Monday, November 12, 2012

The Month of October

October flew by so stinking fast! I can hardly believe it's over :) Only a few days ago did I think to myself that November was just around the corner. Now, we're only a little over 1 week away from Thanksgiving.

The month started with the Hilgemans on furlough in the states. I heard they were crazy busy & met with tons of new groups to talk about the ministry, especially the land. Which, by the way, Freedom purchased before they left. It sits right outside of Ramon Santana, a small town half way between San Pedro & the bateyes. We now own a little over 15 acres & are ready to start the building process. Near the end of the Hilgemans furlough, Freedom enjoyed a much needed break from preschool. I'm pretty sure everyone (even the students) were ready for some down time. While on break, I took an amazing 6 day trip to Indiana to see my sister & baby Vienna. I had so much fun, even though it went by at lightening speed! Vienna was a doll & seeing my family brought me lots of joy. I even had a chance to hang out with some amazing friends! I wish Kurt could have gone too. I guess maybe next time :) As the month came to a close, things began to slow down. Just in time for another intern to join the team for 2 weeks.

It's fun to remember each month & all the amazing things that have happened. October was no exception to amazing things, maybe even a little more amazing since Freedom was able to purchase some land. God is moving our ministry forward, & we love being in the middle of it all. He has great things planned, & we're here watching Him move!


No comments:

Post a Comment