living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Friday, April 18, 2014

Last Solo Vacation



Thanks to friends & our church family, Kurt & I were able to schedule one last trip before the babies come. We didn't really have a lot of time off, but we had a free day the Friday of Easter weekend.

Our search for a resort started in Punta Cana. There were several options, but we didn't have a lot of extra time to drive all the way there. So, we tried searching in La Romana. There were a few different ones to choose from, but they were a little more expensive. However, we found one just 7 minutes outside of San Pedro!! Kurt & I were both thinking we had to try it :)

We headed out Thursday afternoon & were thrilled about the short drive. Then, the front desk upgraded our room to the more exclusive side (adults only). We had such a nice room & could even order room service whenever we wanted at no extra cost!! It was the perfect getaway for us :)

The whole resort was well kept & the pool area was clean. We enjoyed relaxing by the pool & eating great food all day long. One night, we went to a Michael Jackson show. It was actually pretty good, better than we expected :) The next night, we did karaoke. I first sang the song "I'm a Survivor." It went terribly! Of course, I had to redeem myself afterwards :) So, Kurt helped me, & we sang "I Love Rock n' Roll." It was so much fun! We even received a standing ovation - just kidding ;)

The whole trip went fast, but it was just what we needed. Also, a reminder that we are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment