living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

11 Months Old

Max & Derek have finally made it to the won't-sit-still-can't-stop-moving stage! I thought I had my hands full before, but now I see that it was nothing compared to this :) I often find myself sitting in the living room in front of the couch with a boy on each side. If only I could take a video of the craziness that ensues! They've found that moving anywhere & everywhere is what it's all about. My eyes are being opened to the days ahead, & I'm a little scared!

EATING
This month, both boys have started eating the much talked about puffs :) They're doing well at picking each piece up. They've also learned how to suck through a straw. Their eating habits are definitely changing. We're finally down to 3 bottles a day :)

PLAYING
It is obvious that we have boys because they love to make as much noise as possible! They're all about banging their toys on the tile floor. Of course, they feed off of each other, so it gets REALLY loud :) At this age, they've also started playing well together & will copy what the other one is doing. They bat at their toys & try to kick things while sitting on the floor. Some days they can be very entertaining!

TALKING
No words yet, but they like to make a lot of different sounds. Max is constantly saying "at" or "dat." Both boys say dada, but not to Kurt. It seems like they're really working on their noises this month.

MOVING
We've got crawlers! Max & Derek have really picked up speed over the past month. I was ready for them to be mobile, but in a few months I might be saying otherwise. Also, these two have started to stand up in their cribs. It's become a game before naps where they stand up in their cribs & tease each other with their snuggle buddies by handing theirs over to the other, but yanking it back :) I've actually watched them do this on the monitor! What goof balls!

Next month they'll be a year old :) I wouldn't say that time has necessarily flown by, but there are months that I've all but forgotten about. (Probably because I would never want to repeat them). In any case, I can still hardly believe it will have been a year ago that we were in the hospital having just added two precious little boys to our family!

Happy 11 Months Max & Derek



No comments:

Post a Comment