living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Saturday, November 9, 2013

There's no such thing as the Tooth Fairy

Just last week, one of our kindergartener's, Yafreydi, stood up & came over to me during mat time - which is when everyone should be sitting on the floor. She whispered my name & opened her hand. Laying in the middle of her palm was a tooth! Obviously, my first question was, "Is that your tooth?" She smiled & nodded her head yes. Not knowing what to say next, I said the only thing that came to me, "What do you want to do with it?" As you can probably guess, I hadn't processed the number of terrible responses she could have given. Fortunately, all she wanted to do was throw it up in the air. "The what?!" Yes, she made the motions for tossing her tooth into the air. I'm still not exactly sure what that was all about, but I gave her the go-ahead. She then proceeded to walk down the steps to go outside. I figured that would take too long, so I just told her to throw it out the window. And, she did. Bye-bye tooth. Out the window, and onto the ground.


1 comment:

  1. Haha! :) I had to laugh at your line about all the different responses she could have gave!
    You need to post more stories of the kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete