living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Evening" Sickness Stops & a Visit From the In-Laws



I noticed it right away. It was Ken & Connie's last night here, & we wanted to go somewhere nice to eat. Kurt & I thought we should try this restaurant in Juan Dolio called Agape. When we got there, it was closed. The guy at the parking lot said that it had been shut down since last June. Figures!

Anyway, we decided to pick a new spot, but I didn't want to go somewhere that hadn't been recommended to us. I'm thinking, you just never know! So... we figured our best option would be to stop by Julio & Mercy's house & ask them where would be a great spot. When we get there, they had guests & wanted to talk. We sat & talked for quite a while. I could see Kurt getting nervous that I was starting to feel hungry & wanted to eat. We ended up eating late around 6:30pm, & I didn't throw up! I knew then, that the tides had changed :) It was an amazing feeling, & I could hardly believe how much different I felt. Thank the Lord for this great blessing!!

Ken & Connie were here for a week, & we had a lot of fun. The week started out a little rough for me because I was still feeling pretty sick in the evenings. I think I went to bed around 8:30pm every night. (I felt like such a party pooper.) I also started to experience some nasty headaches. I attributed them to dehydration because every time I drank more water, I'd feel so much better. I also started to get stuffed up. (Side note: Connie brought down so many maternity things, it was amazing! She brought some books that were so helpful in understanding the normalcy of all the things I was experiencing. )

Another change during their visit was that I began to expand. And I mean expand! You'd think I just ate too much because of how quickly my baby belly appeared. Maybe it was all for Connie so she could see me look more pregnant :) Who knows! It's been kind of nice though because then it feels more real. However, I can't imagine what it's going to look like at 8 months!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment