living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Friday, February 7, 2014

Third Appointment

We could hardly wait to get this appointment started. We had it all planned out. We would go to the doctor's floor, check-in, & then head down to the ultrasound area & get the ultrasound done while we were waiting for the doctor.

We show up at a decent time, I think it was around 8:30ish, & head to the doctors floor. As soon as we walk up to the receptionist & tell her we're hear to see Dr. Pichardo, we knew something was wrong. First thing she says is that he is out of the country. Definitely not what we were expecting to hear. Of course, Kurt's automatically frustrated because this isn't the first time that we've had problems. I'm thinking this royally stinks, & there is no way we're going back to San Pedro without seeing someone. So, she schedules us with another doctor. As she's putting our names in the system, I start looking for my ultrasound prescription. Can't find it. Kurt gets even more frustrated & starts to tell me how unorganized I am & that I have major pregnancy brain. I obviously feel terrible, but didn't know what else to say besides sorry.

We sat down to wait for the doctor & started to go through my folders. I couldn't find anything, & Kurt starts pulling out papers. All of the sudden, I see Dr. Pichardo's signature. Yippee!! We found the prescription!! Both of us were majorly relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment