living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Friday, February 7, 2014

Gender Reveal



It was Kurt's first ultrasound & my second. The wait was a little long, but we've come to expect that here. Once we walked in the room, I think we both got a little nervous. Today could be the day that we find out what we're having!

The technician started working on making sure that the babies were okay. Kurt could see the screen, but it was positioned away from me. However, I still enjoyed watching his face & the technician pointed out the different body parts. Afterwards, Kurt said the he could start recognizing some of them.

Then it happened... she said look there's a penis (haha). We both looked at each other a little surprised. I think both of us figured we'd have girls. It was kind of cool to know that we'd have at least one boy to carry on the Cline name :) We started to talk about how Connie had brought us down some girl clothes, & that she was really hoping for a girl (not that she would have cared if they were only boys).

Then, she said... well, I guess your mom's going to have to wait for your next set of girl twins because you're having 2 boys. My reaction was a little different than Kurt's. My first thought was, no girl?! It's pretty much all I could think about for the next 10 minutes. I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be braiding hair or picking out pink clothes. It made me realized that I should have prepared myself more for the possibility of having 2 boys. Of course, my stunned & somewhat confused reaction made Kurt feel bad. He didn't like that I was disappointed. I told him that I may be a little sad, but I'm going to love those boys just the same.

We enjoyed the rest of the appointment talking about the joys of having boys. It actually seems like a lot less work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment