living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Appointments Continue

So, my dad brought a group of guys, & Courtney Ringger, down to the Dominican to work on the land. We were so excited to have him here, but it made it difficult for me to squeeze in my blood work & ultrasound. I had to find time after preschool & before group night. The first day I went to set up an appointment for the blood work, the ladies were extremely rude. They weren't very helpful, but I did catch that I had to go to Humano to figure out my insurance first. (Of course, nothing can be done quickly or the first time. There is always a lot of driving back & forth.) I headed to Humano & got everything taken care. The front desk gave me the numbers, & I headed back to pay & set up the appointment, again. After about 1 hour or so, I got everything taken care of for the blood work. I'd be back Saturday morning because I couldn't eat anything for 8 hours. Next, I headed to the office next door & tried to get the ultrasound. I figured I wouldn't have time to do it that day, but the lady at the front didn't understand me. She had me pay & gave me a number. I waited for another hour, then went up & said I'd have to come back the following day. Well, I came back the next day at the time they said the technician would be in. Of course, he had taken a late lunch & wouldn't be back for another 1 hour. So, I waited. (There's always a lot of waiting.) I probably sat in that office for over 2 hours. Finally, the doctor was able to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment