living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sprunger Christmas Surprise

The day after Christmas, we were able FaceTime my family for Christmas. I was so anxious to share the news, that it was hard to wait until after presents. Of course, Lara already knew I was pregnant, but she had no idea I was having twins. So, I was looking forward to her reaction when she found out.

I loved the way that Kurt causally said Katie's pregnant, so I decided to go with that approach. The gifting had ended, & I said, "By the way, I'm pregnant." Mom & dad were excited for us. I think they knew it was coming, so they weren't caught of guard, but as soon as things calmed down, I said, "And, they're twins." Lara said, "You're joking." (People must think I would joke about such things because she's not the first one to say that... KURT.) Of course, I said that it's for real & everyone started to laugh & giggle in shock. I can tell that everyone is as surprised as we were to hear the news. Their reactions were more like processing reactions. I could tell they were trying to figure out how it was possible & how different it is compared to having just one baby.

It was so much fun sharing the news yet again! I think that it being something people don't expect to hear makes it even more enjoyable to tell them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment