living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I'm Having Twins!!

Now that I know there are two babies inside of me, how do I break the news to Kurt? I thought it would be fun to surprise him, so I ran to Jumbo to look for a gift of some sort or other. I found these small Christmas boxes that I thought would be fun to use in a picture.

I walked in the door & got the boxes out. Kurt was in the office working at the computer, so I came around the corner with the boxes in hand & said, "I'm having twins!" I'm not sure how I expected him to respond, but he definitely surprised me by saying, "That's not even funny. Don't lie to me." To this day, I still can't believe he thought I would joke about something like that, but I guess it could have been the silly smile plastered to my face to make him think that way. I was just so excited to share the news with him. I kept saying, "No, I'm serious. I'm not joking" as I was smiling. When he finally realized I was telling the truth, & he allowed the shock to sink in. He even asked me how it was possible. I was like, I have no idea. I showed him the ultrasound pictures & told him the story of my appointment. Now we were both trying to process the fact that we would have two babies in July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment