living for the glory of God in the dominican republic

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Ultrasound Suprise

When my personal doctor scheduled a "sonographia" I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I thought it could be an ultrasound, but there was no guarantee. As the technician took me back to the room, I figured I was going to be able to see something or at least know for sure that I'm pregnant, besides taking a test. We walked into the room & there was definitely an ultrasound machine. I was a little disappointed that Kurt couldn't be there, but I didn't figure it was a huge deal. The technician set everything up & started working the machine. I'm not 100% sure, but I think his first words were, "This is interesting." My thought was, great I'm not really pregnant. What do I do now? But no, that's not where he was going at all. He then said, "There's two." Now, I have no idea what was going through my mind at that time. I think I was in shock, trying to process what he just said. Part of me was making sure I heard him right & the other part was thinking this is crazy! He then proceeded to show me how he knew there were two. We were able to listen to both heart beats & see both sacks. It was actually very interesting & amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment